Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"can you listen to the tv with the mx w1" and "can i watch tv with kleer" responses

Two people visited this blog recently using Google keyword searches of:
  • can you listen to the tv with the mx w1
  • can i watch tv with kleer
Yes to both but with qualifications:

The Sennheiser MX W1 true wireless earbuds do have a low latency as they use Kleer wireless audio technology. However, the latency is not quite low enough so that you can watch TV and not have lip-synch issues. The latency is needed in case the MX W1 needs to switch to a different band in the 2.4 GHz channel and not have the music drop. Now, the lip-synch is minor and may not bother everyone. However, just to be warned, they weren't designed for watching TV or videos off your laptop; they were designed for listening to music, where there are no lip-synch issues. Again, it may not bother you, but please be aware and purchase them with "eyes open" if you know what I mean. 

Now, the Kleer-based Sennheiser RS 160, RS 170, or RS 180 wireless headphones were designed to be used to watch TV. The latency was specifically lowered so that there are no lip-synch problems when watching TV. 

Here's some recent reviews of the Sennheiser RS 180 wireless headphones from Amazon: 
From the "Great Headphones" December 12, 2010 review:


"These are perfect for listening to TV while others in the house need quiet, plus I can hear the other person talk to me with the open design which I like."

Also from December 12, 2010 some excerpts from a review titled "Outstanding on all fronts":  

"Takes some pretty fancy technology to really impress me these days, and but these headphones are nothing but perfection. I have used high end corded headphones for a long time, and have always preferred Sennheiser. After shopping around for a new pair I finally decided to give the wireless a try. I really did not want to waste a bunch of money for a lesser model so I went all in with the RS 180's and I am truely amazed. Not only do they sound better than my old HD595 pair, the wireless mode is truely the next step in multimedia enjoyment. With a fairly simple set up between my iTunes, Apple TV and an iPod remote I can put the headset on and have perfect high end sound quality at my computer for gaming, then walk away with music playing and then go lounge in bed and watch a streaming movie.

I have watched action movies, played the latest CoD Black Ops and many other games and listen to a wide variety of music and have really found no weak spot as far as sound depth. They exceed any wired headphones I have used for any of the same activities.
"


And as the Sennheiser RS series wireless headphones use Kleer wireless audio technology, this means you hear CD-quality, uncompressed, lossless, digital stereo audio.  Bluetooth compresses audio, which is bad. Kleer lets you hear what the artist/director intended and without the wires. 



No comments:

Post a Comment