Saturday, December 4, 2010

Review Sennheiser RS 170 Kleer based wireless headphones: "Best audio purchase I made all year"

Another positive review of the Sennheiser RS 170 on Amazon from December 1, 2010.  My favorite line: "Long story short, I would recommend these to anyone that wants a good set of wireless headphones for general use music/movies/games. They are WELL worth the money."  I'm sure a big reason he likes the RS 170 wireless headphones so much is that they use Kleer wireless audio technology, no Bluetooth. Bluetooth compresses audio, which is fine when you're talking on the phone. But when you want to listen to wireless audio, from music to the movie score, you want to hear it how the musician or director intended. And that's where Kleer comes in. Kleer delivers uncompressed, lossless, CD-quality digital stereo audio without the wires.

Here's an excerpt:

"When I finally decided to order some wireless headphones for the living room, I did my research. These were a bit over my target budget at the time, but thanks to the reviews here on Amazon I decided to give them a shot and I am extremely glad that I did.

I ordered this set back in August of 2010, as sort of a birthday present to myself. My wife and I had discussed getting some headphones for the living room so that when I wanted to watch TV or play a louder game at night I wouldn't annoy the neighbors, or her beauty sleep.

I almost immediately decided to look for wireless headphones for the convenience of not having the cord to deal with, or worry about a new kitten chewing through. Also for reasons of convenience, I knew that I wanted a rechargeable set so that I wouldn't have to deal with battery swapping.

My past experiences with wireless headphones were never good as they were fraught with low usage times before needing to be recharged, static from being too far from the receiver or not being 'tuned' to the receiver properly and having to be manually adjusted. I was quite pleased with what I saw when I ran across the Sennheiser RS 170 Digital Wireless headphones, as it seemed like these wouldn't have any of these issues. I am pleased to say that my experience with this set of headphones has been the exact opposite of my earlier experiences; these work fantastically and exactly as advertised."

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment